Profile of a Graduate
Graduates of Our Lady of the Lake Roman Catholic School will strive to become models of their faith, excel academically, bolster the community, and foster an exemplary character. In doing so, they will:
- Exhibit a knowledge of their Catholic faith and develop the ability to articulate and defend the church.
- Strive for a deepened sense of spirituality and a rightly-formed conscience.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of the life of Christ and the role of Mary in the church.
- Use prayer in their daily lives and participate in the sacraments.
- Express themselves clearly in speaking and writing.
- Think creatively and independently.
- Love reading and learning and remain intellectually curious.
- Master all content areas and be well-prepared for high school.
- Realize their maximum potential and excel academically according to their individual ability level.
- Develop multiple interests as a well-rounded student.
- Integrate technology into their daily lives.
- Master organizational skills and decrease test anxiety.
- Express themselves artistically.
- Promote community spirit, service, pride, and patriotism.
- Think globally.
- Appreciate diversity and individual differences.
- Perform acts of charity.
- Respect the natural environment.
- Be respectful of others and take pride in their personal appearance, family, and school.
- Take responsibility for their actions.
- Develop leadership skills in order to become confident, independent, positive role models and agents of positive change.
- Exhibit integrity, honesty, and confidence.
- Maintain a sense of self-worth and a positive attitude in their personal lives.
- Appreciate their bodies and remain physically fit.
- Appreciate their families and extended school family and become involved alumni.
- Participate in extracurricular activities and exhibit good sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Develop basic life skills, social etiquette, and the ability to adapt to social change.
- Stand up to peer pressure.
OUR LADY OF THE LAKE ROMAN CATHOLIC SCHOOL 316 Lafitte St. • Mandeville • Louisiana 70448 • Tel.: (985) 626-5678 • Fax: (985) 626-4337