History


In September of 1890, Father E. J. Lavaquery opened a school, which is now known as Our Lady of the Lake Roman Catholic School.  Enrollment that year was ten boys and eight girls.  The Benedictine Fathers assumed charge of the church in 1912, and in 1916 the Benedictine Sisters from St. Scholastica convent in Covington came to Mandeville to help build the school into what it is today. From an initial enrollment of 18 students, OLL has grown to over 800 students.

OUR LADY OF THE LAKE ROMAN CATHOLIC SCHOOL 316 Lafitte St. • Mandeville • Louisiana 70448 • Tel.: (985) 626-5678 • Fax: (985) 626-4337
HOME     ABOUT OLL     ADMISSIONS   ACADEMICS    SPIRITUAL LIFE    STUDENTS    PARENTS    TEACHERS